5/12/10

Hello everybody:
Years ago I decided my job here on earth was to pay attention to the
little things. Life's little "nothings" that don't seem all that
important, when I think about them, or try to explain them to
somebody else. But when I'm on the receiving end, when someone does
one of the little things in life for me, it makes a huge difference
in my day and how I feel about myself.

I went to Target today, and as I was getting out of the car I noticed a woman
coming out of the store pushing a basket. When she got to the edge
of the walk where it dips into a ramp, she raised her hands and let
her basket roll down ahead of her while she sort of skipped along
behind it. She was obviously just enjoying herself with a little
playful moment.
And then yesterday, I accidentally overheard a "little nothing" from
a stranger. I was sitting on my glassed in patio and a mother
and her two young children were going by in a golf cart. They
couldn't see me, but I heard the mother talking to her kids.

"Oh, look! This is the house of the lady who sits outside and turns
on her bubble machine. And look at her beautiful flowers. That lady
is so cool."
Yes, sometimes I'm lucky enough to be out of sight and accidentally
overhear, and other times I'm fortunate enough to have a friend who
takes the time to do the little things.

'I walked a mile with Pleasure,
She chattered all the way,
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.'

'I walked a mile with Sorrow
And ne'er a word said she;
But oh, the things I learned from her
When Sorrow walked with me.'

No comments: