8/24/10

Couscous with Dried Fruit & Feta



I have always loved couscous, especially when lots of goodies are added in for flavor and crunch.  I needed a side dish the other night and this worked out perfectly!  It's very pretty too!

The sweetness of the cranberries, raisins and apricots balanced the salty feta cheese perfectly.  I will be serving this again and again, it was so easy to throw together I didn't even take other pictures, it just wasn't necessary.



Couscous with Dried Fruit and Feta
Adapted from Everyday

Two 5.8 ounce packages garlic-flavored couscous (Near East roasted garlic & olive oil is my favorite brand)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1 cup feta cheese crumbles

Prepare the couscous according to package directions.  Place in a large bowl and fluff with a fork.  Stir in the cranberries, apricots, scallions and feta; season with salt and pepper.


No comments: