4/12/10

Springtime = Asparagus!  I have never liked asparagus until I tried it this way.  It is so tasty I could eat a whole pound of it!  (Haven't tried it, but I bet I could!)




ROASTED ASPARAGUS

desired amount of asparagus
olive oil
salt
pepper
Parmesan cheese

Wash asparagus and hold the the ends.  Bend until each stalk snaps.  It will snap in the perfect place so you won't have "woodiness" (aka: tough stalks).  Lay stalks on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Grate some fresh Parmesan cheese over the top.  Roast in a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes or until bright green and tender.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Those look beautiful! I actually just made some asparagus a few days ago this way! Except I left off the parmesan. Maybe I'll have to try some romano cheese on them next time.

loisjayne said...

I actually mixed some Pecorino Romano Cheese with the Parmesan this last time. It was good